You can access your email at Briar Cliff University by using a web browser. This means that not only can you get to your email from on campus, but from anywhere in the world where you have access to the Internet.
· Go to https://outlook.office.com.
You will be taken to this page:
· Enter your BCU email address in the sign-in box and tab or click out of the user name box.
· You will be taken to this page:
· Enter your password.
· Click on the "Sign In" button.
Video: Overview of Outlook 365 from U of Wisconsin.
· Click on the round picture placeholder next to your name (top right).
· Click on About me. The following will appear (but with a placeholder instead of a picture). Click on the camera.
· The following screen will appear (with a placeholder instead of a photo):
· Click on Upload a new photo.
· Select your photo and adjust the size and position.
· Click on the 3x3 grid in the top left corner.
· Click on Mail to return to your regular mail screen.
· Click on the New button in the top left corner:
· Enter the email address of the recipient in the "To:" field. If you are sending to somebody at Briar Cliff, you may simply type the person's first and last name (with a blank in between). If you are sending to somebody somewhere else, you must type in the person's complete email address (unless they are already in your contacts list).
· Enter an appropriate subject in the "Subject" field. Etiquette note: Always put a descriptive subject line in your email so the recipient knows right away what your message is about. Never send emails with the subject line blank.
· Enter your message.
· To Attach a file to an email message.
· Click on the Attach button:
· Select the desired files. They will probably be on OneDrive or on your computer.
· Find the file(s) you want to attach and click on Next.
· Click on either Attach as a OneDrive file, or Attach as a copy.
· When done with your message and with all attachments, click on the Send button below your message:
· Click on the message.
· Click on the Reply button (top right part of message window):
· Enter your message.
· Click on the Send button when done. It will be immediately below your message.
· Move the mouse over the email message that you want to delete (on the left side of the window) Click on the garbage can.
· Note that this does not completely remove the email message from your email space. It just moves it to the Recycle Bin. To completely remove the message, you must right-click on the Deleted Items folder and then click on the Delete All button on the pop-up menu:
· Click on the Close button on the browser tab (the "x").