· Textbook: None.
· Read about data visualization.
· Hans Rosling: How not to be ignorant
· Hans Rosling: The best statistics you've ever seen
· Hans Rosling: 200 countries, 200 years
· NY Times: How people spend their day
· Visualizing words
· Take the graph design IQ quiz. Record your answers (there are 10 questions). Get a screenshot of your score. Put your screenshot and your answers into a Word document. Put the Word document in the drop box.
· Find the full text of 2 State of the Union speeches 10 years apart. Create a Word for each speech (2 Wordles), and a TagCrowd for each speech (2 TagCrowds). Get screenshots of all four results (trim them appropriately) and put them in the Word document you created earlier. Include a URL for each speech. Which tool do you think is better at comparing the two speeches and WHY? Put a one-paragraph answer in your Word document. Put the Word document in the drop box.