· To learn how to insert a chart in a Word document.
To insert a chart:
· Click on the Insert tab.
· In the Illustrations group, click on the Chart button.
· The Insert Chart dialog box will appear:
· Click on the general type of chart you want (on the left).
· Then click on the specific sub-type of chart you want (on the right). In this case, we have selected Line from the general chart types on the left, and we have selected Clustered Column.
· Click on the OK button.
· An Excel spreadsheet with dummy data will appear (Word uses Excel to create charts):
· Replace the existing data with your own. If you need to adjust the number of rows or columns, drag the lower right corner of the range (blue triangle).
· Each series represents a single colored line.
· Each category represents a title that will appear at the bottom. We have changed the values in the cells and moved the range (blue box) to only include our cells:
· Word will produce a chart for you that you can re-size: