· To learn how to insert column breaks in a Word document.
A column break forces the text that follows it to the beginning of a new column. To insert a column break:
· Type <Ctrl>+<Shift>+<Enter>.
· Click on the Page Layout tab.
· In the Page Setup group, click on the Breaks button.
· From the drop-down menu, click on Column.
· If the hide/show button is pushed in, column breaks will appear as shown below:
To remove a column break, position the cursor to the left of it and press the Delete key on the keyboard.