· To turn off the Word AutoCorrect option that automatically changes the left margin when you press the tab key at the beginning of a line.
By default, when you press the tab key at the beginning of a line, Word does not insert a tab character! Instead, it changes the first-line indent setting for the left margin! This makes it difficult to use tabs at the beginning of a line. Fortunately, this setting can be changed:
· Click on the File tab.
· Click on Options.
· When the Word Options dialog box appears (below), click on Proofing.
· In the AutoCorrect options group, click on the AutoCorrect Options button.
· The AutoCorrect dialog box will appear.
· Click on the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
· In the Automatically as you type group, click on the Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces check box to turn it off.