· To learn how to insert column breaks in a Word document.
A column break forces the text that follows it to the beginning of a new column. To insert a column break:
· Type <Ctrl>+<Shift>+<Enter>.
· If you want a word to begin at the top of a column:
· Position the cursor to the left of that word.
· Click on the Layout tab.
· In the Page Setup group, click on Breaks.
· Then click on Column.
· A column break will be inserted at the cursor location.
· If the hide/show button is pushed in, column breaks will appear as shown below:
To remove a column break, position the cursor to the left of it and press the Delete key on the keyboard.